for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, and displayed or performed in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of the repository is appreciated but not mandatory.
for types of document & data set held
- This is a multi-institution subject-based repository.
- Subject Specialities:
- Geography and Regional Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Business and Economics
- Law and Politics
- Management and Planning
- The repository is restricted to:
- Journal articles
- Theses and dissertations
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Principal Languages: Italian; French; English; German
concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organisation
- The administrator only vets items for valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is checked by internal subject specialists.
- No embargo policy defined.
- If the repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are deleted entirely from the database.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- In the event of the repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.
BESS ha effettuato ogni ragionevole sforzo per rintracciare gli eventuali titolari di diritti d’autore e ottenere l’autorizzazione alla riproduzione delle opere a scopo non commerciale.
Non sempre ciò è stato possibile.
BESS è tuttavia pronta a rimuovere in ogni momento le opere digitalizzate dietro richiesta documentata da parte dei titolari di eventuali diritti.